NE Main Street Improvements
This Project was awarded to Shekar Engineering (SHEKAR) by the City of Grimes. The contract included removing and replacing approximately 2,500 LF of the existing NE Main Street in Grimes. The contract also included removing and replacing water and sanitary sewer service to all the properties that are located within construction limits. SHEKAR installed new storm sewer mains, water mains and fire hydrants. Working within the City limits and coordinating with homeowners posed a big challenge.
|Client||City of Grimes|
|Contract Type||Fixed Price|
|Prime / Sub||Prime|
|Final Contract Price||$1,537,301.00|
|Contract Start Date||3/28/2017|
|Final Completion Date||11/17/2017|
|Project Engineer||John Washington
414 S 17th St., Suite 107, Ames, IA 50010
- Removing existing NE Main Street rural pavement section
- Replace 9,325 SY of urbanized 29-ft wide PCC pavement using a slip-form paver.
- Installing 2,860 LF of various sized storm sewer
- Installing 2600 LF sub drain
- Installing 20 storm sewer intakes
- Installing 6 sanitary sewer manholes and 1,110 LF of sanitary services
- Placing 2,600 SY PCC sidewalk and driveway,
- Project Management,
- Site grading, erosion control, and Hydro-seeding
SHEKAR performed the work safely with no accidents or human injuries.