Raccoon River Drive RCB Culvert Near S Jordan Creek Parkway
This Project was awarded to Shekar Engineering (SHEKAR) by the City of West Des Moines. SHEKAR built a cast-in-place 80’ long triple 12’ X 8’ reinforced box culvert under Raccoon River Drive at Rolling Hills Creek in West Des Moines, Iowa. The existing bridge was removed and replaced with RCB culvert. The challenges included dewatering the site during an unusually wet Spring, working within the Iowa Interstate Railroad (IAIS) property, and working under a power line.
|Client||City of West Des Moines|
|Contract Type||Fixed Price|
|Prime / Sub||Prime|
|Final Contract Price||$637,351.26|
|Contract Start Date||4/4/18|
|Final Completion Date||9/27/18|
Brian Hemesath, P.E.
|Project Engineer||Gabriel Nelson, P.E.
Snyder & Associates, Inc.
2727 SW Snyder Blvd.
Ankeny, IA 50023
Voice: 515-964-2020, Mobile: 515-205-0460
- Removing existing bridge and pavement,
- Clearing and grubbing
- Excavation, Class 20,
- Granular backfill,
- Flooded Backfill,
- Building 80’ long triple 12’ X 8’ cast-in-Place reinforced cement box culvert,
- Placing new pavement, continuously reinforced PCC 10”,
- Site Grading,
- Installing Fence and Steel Beam Guard Rail with flared end terminal,
- Painting pavement markings,
- Traffic Control,
- Hydro Seeding,
- Erosion Control measures,
- Project Management
SHEKAR performed the work safely with no accidents or human injuries.